Getting my wardrobe to a place that I am happy with, being able to wear any piece with confidence and not needing to be mindful of coordinating pieces is something I have been striving towards for some time now.
My bullet journal didn’t just help me manage and organize my life, it also really helped me in getting my wardrobe to a place that I like. I can now safely pull things out and throw on without worrying about colours matching (at least in fall/winter).
One thing that really helped me was to make a colour palette for my wardrobe. My main colours are black, white and grey, with navy (winter), light blue (summer) as “neutrals”. My accent colours are blush ink, gold, olive/green, and camel. To be honest I have very little in the way of accent colours in my winter wardrobe outside of gold jewellery, so I think they will show up more in summer.
I was pretty successful with my winter wardrobe, but summer is still very much a work in process. That I think is mainly due to me having money to spend on a wardrobe in fall and winter. With spring slowly crawling around the corner, I think I will be able to buy a few pieces that will help me look and feel good in summer.
Here was my wishlist (with commentary) for fall/winter:
- black/light grey cashmere turtleneck (COS or Uniqlo) nope: really wanted some new cashmere, but the Uniqlo ones were disappointing and I didn’t get my mitts on the COS ones. won’t buy till next winter, since I have more than enough warm stuff.
heattechleggins nope: thought I might need them with the minus temperatures, but an opaque tight is doing just as good a job.
- faux fur coat nope: saw a really pretty one last year at Zara, and have been lusting after one for ages. Still searching.
- black pointy boots bought: sort of bought very nice black boots, but they are not pointy. Still counts.
- massive cashmere scarf nope: because I bought a big puffy coat, my medium sized COS cashmere scarf was more than enough.
- big chunky/fluffy sweater nope: I currently am an onion, layered up like crazy and thus don’t need a big chunky sweater. I think I’d just boil alive if I wore one.
- black long winter coat bought: Again sort of, I bought a big puffer coat at Uniqlo that has kept me warm even in minus degrees! I am super tempted to buy the longer version.
- chunky knits nope: see above.
- cord pants nope: Still looking for a good pair.
- men’s suit socks bought: Well I bought Falke socks for women that are long and warm just like men’s suit socks.
- 2 merino sweaters bought: I bought way more than just two merino sweaters from Uniqlo. In fact, I have four crewneck sweaters and three turtleneck sweaters and I love them all! Can highly recommend
My summer wardrobe, as mentioned, is still very much a work in progress, and since I will be going on summer vacation with my Mom, I am going to make a separate post about what I plan to get for my summer wardrobe. It’ll basically be the same as last year, but with hopefully specific products that I want to get.