The first bit of skincare products I really need to use up is cleansers. I have so many, too many really. To make it easier for me to cull my “collection” during my Project Pan, I am making a hit list as well as taking stock of what I actually own and like. Hopefully, that will help me avoid future mistakes.
There is only one eye makeup remover that I own, mostly because Caroline Hirons recommended it highly. It’s the Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover. I rarely use it, since I double cleanse with oil, but when I do have a shedload of makeup on, this is quite good.
Then there are the oil, aka first cleanse, cleansers, of which I am only keeping one (which is being repurchased):
- Hada Labo Goku-Jyun Oil Cleansing Makeup Remover. This stuff is amazing and I love it. Because it is in a pump, it is so easy to use. One pump is more than enough to take off all my everyday makeup. Am currently on my last pumps and am definitely repurchasing.
- alverde cleaning oil. I mostly picked this up, because I needed a small oil cleanser to travel and because I wanted to see if the German drugstore could make a good oil cleanser. Am torn if this is good or not. My Asian oil cleansers wash off really well and I mostly use a second cleanse to make sure that my face is clean and ready to proceed. But with this one, I feel like I need a second cleanser.
- The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil. Made me break out horribly and is thus going in the bin. Currently being used to clean foundation off of hands. The bottle is smaller than the Hada Labo and price is about the same. Was hyped a lot but because of the aforementioned breakouts is being trashed. Does take off makeup well.
And finally, second cleanse cleansers. Yes, I have two of the Hada Labo Goku-Jyun Super Hyaluronic Face Foam. I love it, it is amazing.
- Hada Labo Goku-Jyun Super Hyaluronic Face Foam. The repurchase I think gives it away. This cleanser is amazing for my skin. It is amazing as a morning cleanser and leaves my skin super hydrated and happy. Because of the pump, I can easily dispense it even with my eyes closed, which I have discovered is something I really like in a cleanser. Will definitely continue using.
- REN Rosa Centifolia Cleansing Gel. Bought this in the REN Black Friday Sale and have yet to try it. But I think it will be quite good since everything REN that I have tried has been amazing so far. Will likely be an evening/shower cleanser due to the lid and the fact that my DE is almost empty.
- Drunk Elephant Beste Jelly Cleanser. Bought this for half price at TK Maxx and would absolutely not purchase at full price. It is very foamy and can be stripped even for my combination skin. Currently using it in the shower as a second evening cleanse and am making massive headway, even though I only bought it in December.
Overall I hope to be left with three cleansers by March: one oil, one morning and one for the shower/evening. This is definitely the category where I am happiest to experiment and will likely continue to mix things up. But I also have to be careful with them, because it is the category that in the past has given me a lot of bad breakouts.